If you have a problem with an assisted living home who do you contact? related questions

Asked by
If you have a problem with an assisted living home who do you contact?1LaNissa2012-07-24 10:43:02
I put a relative in Miller Beach Terrace at 4905 Melton Road in Gary, Indiana 46403 and we had several complaints. When we went to the head person in charge we were treated very rudely. Actually our relative lost money and then someone threw all of his clothes out of his truck. However when we complained we were told that he would have to leave by the first. Then we were told quite rudely that he would have to move his truck. Yet other people are allowed to have vehicles. He does have a driver's license and we offered to buy insurance for him. But the answer was no. We are a caring family and we felt as if he and us were being treated rudely because we complained. What agencies can we turn to for help? Has anyone had this problem? Help!
Assisted living or group home for non-elderly, but depressed, family member?1kayjay2012-09-09 22:47:02
The mental health of my sister has declined steadily in recent years. She has always struggled with this since the early years of adolescence. She was on antidepressants and do better for a little while, but last year began to not go to work, abusing sick leave, and understandably lost his job. Leading up to that point, she was obsessed with doctors and went to a specialist after specialist convinced he had an undiagnosed illness, but literally hundreds of trials and thousands of dollars later, she is convinced that no really wants to help her and that no one believes that your symptoms or running the right tests, etc. After losing her job, she also lost no health insurance. She stopped paying the rent, and understandably lost their home. She is imprisoned, not eating, bathing, and wants to stay in bed all day, and the experiences of the times of delusions or hallucinations. To talk to her, she did not seem depressed or sick even if only in a casual conversation. But every time I mention his acting to nothing at all, not even to take a shower or call your doctor or wash their own dishes, she starts saying she feels bad and not a good day for her, etc. She was taken in by a cousin, helped financially, were very supportive of her, and took her to appointments, helped get her in the system of social services for food stamps and counseling, but after nine months of any initiative her cousin has given us a time frame for which she must take the initiative to try to get them to really help or leave. They have been wonderful to her, but understandably are at their wit's end. She wants to stay in his room and stayed there alone, she goes out alone at night to eat a bit, otherwise it tries to avoid the stench of your bathroom it is not horrible, so many friends try to call and visit her and avoid them. My mom and I do not know what to do. I am a single mother working for my 9 year old and son and I live in a very small house subidized rent, which would require a long and complicated process of re-use for my sister to stay with us, that without income she and her mental health history, which could easily reject the new application and we could lose our house if we let him stay with us, not to mention that it would have her own bedroom. Our mom is retired, also with limited income and a tiny shoebox apartment 1 bedroom, although it has been very generous to financially helping my sister when she can. We do not know what to do. And without insurance, my sister options are limited. And social service options are limited, only admits to a hospital if she is "immediate" danger to herself or others, they do not consider it. We do not know what to do. We love her and do not know how to help her. We want to live close to us so we can be close support and assistance, but simply can not afford for her to live with one of us. Are there group homes for people with such problems? Any other suggestions?
best assisted living in rhode island02022-01-18 03:32:29
best assisted living in rhode island Briarcliffe Gardens Memory Care Assisted Living and the Cottage at Briarcliffe Gardens are privately owned, State-of-the-Art Memory Care Assisted Living Residences™ just 10 minutes west of Providence, RI. We serve families from New England and beyond. Briarcliffe Gardens was designed to create an enriching, respectful, culturally sensitive and safe assisted living environment that will nurture and support the growing needs of residents with dementia, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia and more. Briarcliffe Gardens looks and feels like a home, both outside and inside.Physical movement, good nutrition and socialization enhance one's sense of well-being. We incorporate this therapeutic approach in our Program for Daily Living™" https://www.briarclifferi.com  
assisted living in thode island02022-05-13 23:09:56
assisted living in thode island Briarcliffe Manor Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation is located on the Briarcliffe Health Care Campus on 28 acres of beautiful, wooded land in Johnston, RI and just moments from Providence. The campus features a five star, award winning skilled nursing and rehabilitation center and two memory care assisted living residences. Briarcliffe has an exclusive, in-house therapy department. This allows us to have a well integrated nursing and therapy staff with a common philosophy.The Briarcliffe Concierge Care Management Services allow for a streamlined admission and discharge process with one, single point of contact throughout your rehabilitation journey. Our nursing staff is experienced, stable, professional and caring." www.briarclifferi.com 
What kind of insurance do I need to start an assisted living?1goat 2012-05-08 22:00:15
I've been in the health field for 16 years and have had many different kinds of experience with different types of dementia and people with experience ranging from home care, nursing homes, assisted living and private care hired ... as I have built a reputation for myself I find it more difficult to find time for the demand for my services. I started writing a business plan for starting a nursing home of mine. However I am not sure of the compulsory liability insurance , and what is the average cost for this, and what information they should have before I call an agent to inquire about an appointment. I incorporate all these costs in my business plan so I can be as accurate as possible. I live in Michigan. Any advice would help with issues related to assisted living home , but insurance is the category that I'm working on now? ? ?
I have some questions around what happens to someone's house after they die or move to assisted living. Thanks?0Jugrnot2012-07-13 00:51:02
If someone dies or has to move to assisted living as an older person , what happens to the house? What is the process? Of course, I realize this may depend on if grown children are involved, and what confidence could say. I also wonder if those of you who answer this question can also address the difference between a will and a trust. What happens when there is no trust in place? Also, what is the job of an executor ? What is the difference between a power and an executor ? Finally , it is true if there is a sale of a parent who has died that the adult child is not allowed to attend? Also, if the person has moved to assisted living , is money from the sale of the house, or can come from life insurance ? What if they have no funds? I am not in this position, but I've seen friends who are in this position, and this has made me wonder about these issues. Thanks in advance for your help with my questions.
Does Medicare pr medicaid help pay for assisted living facilities in north Carolina?0Ashley2012-04-30 13:57:28
Who can get Medicaid pr help pay for assisted living facilities in North Carolina ?
CAN AN ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY WHO IS OWED OVER 10,000.00, GET THEIR HANDS ON A LIFE INSURANCE PAYOUT?0Those memories, Land of the Dead Road2012-07-29 12:32:58
One mother died w / a life ins . policy of almost $ 20,000.00. His funeral expenses were right more than $ 10,000.00 , leaving the rest of the life ins . money for your child. If I owed money for assisted living facility , is there any way at all for this business to make a lien against the property of the mother or legally as a delay in payment of the beneficiary for the rest of the money in an attempt to collect your money? The child who is the sole beneficiary had nothing to do with the mother is placed in the LFA, another son did that for a child who is the beneficiary never signed any document for the ALF or something . I've heard of businesses that are owed money to tie people's estates for years and I wonder if this could be the case here ? Is there a legal form of the Anna Lindh Foundation for delaying the payment of any way to try to get money for themselves? If anyone has any legal information regarding this , please reply .
If your mother was in an assisted living facility for a short time but has now been independent for 3 years can she qualify for LTC insurance1Boo 2012-01-09 19:53:44
If your mother was in an assisted living facility for a short time , but has now been independent for three years , do not qualify for LTC insurance
Who do i contact if i have a problem with the dmv?1Rosemary2012-03-06 12:02:13
iam having a problem with the North Carolina DMV . Who do I contact above the DMV?
I have a bad problem and need you guys help about where i'm living!!!?0Hae Soo Park si so hot! 2012-08-19 10:33:04
I moved into this rental home on March 15 this year, so I've only been here one last month paid my rent and deposit (which is not cheap, I might add) When I signed the contract ... the "Property mang." said I was going to fix things quickly ... as our inground pool (it looked like a swamp black), also did not know the garage filtering (huge as a workshop) and seven days after we moved in. .. came the rain and all the things of my children and all our family photos (not replaceable runied). I called her, she said I should have renters insurance ... I just completely moved in on 17 march.She is rude.Then waited two weeks in my refrigerator and stove ..... finally got it after muti-calls. My things have gone, I have 5 children, I am a mom of 33 years and very upset about this below matter.The heat did not work and said he would fix it ... but nothing has been done, that's when it was cooler, air units now do not work! Finally I got tired and called the health department. on it and code enforcement as well.They did not have lightly.They took pictures and uses it papers.Then had two workers here draining my pool, smelled horrible and looked worse! It was this last Thursday ... so I left there things in my backyard and never returned, I called and sought actual owner of the house (he lives in cali.) I said to him to address the problems and also knew that they called code so that the property is not being treated ... mad.But so I was the person I should be mad here, I mean my kids can not do anything, no pool (big hole in the ground now) and backyard.I recently went to move some jars of boys pool called left at the premises of the way of my dogs and young children, and when I went to move the ... It was dark outside and I did not know that the lid was not screwed and was acid .... she poured it on my left arm in a cascade, i inhaled fumes ... I could not breathe, she felt dizzy ... 911 calls and fire department. and the ambulance arrived ... They kept coming soultion bags on my arm, I have acid burns .. This was the night of 12 .... so I had to go to hospital, has oxygen and being in intensive care burn unit, he stayed two days ... was released, said he was all bandaged left arm to my appt.follow-up in 7 days.Well occurred while my husband was at home with our children (we have no family here) had a letter in the mail telling me I had 10 days to move because my dogs done all this damage inside and outside the home.If i did not leave in 10 days ... would have to get out! ! Seriously, I took pictures of this property when I moved, I have also a copy of the application code to the photos and more up.Plus my dogs are on the lease ... and have not bothered anything in this insult home.That 's in the wound. There are seven in all of my family, my next rent is not due until May 5, she said she would give me my deposit ... and wants me out 1st.What May she is crazy! I'm sitting here in pain and that feeds me a lot of shit / she 's hot as all get out of the house now.I found this house on Craigslist, noting pool / large garage included (I mean FULL PAY RENT without all the extras). Oh also sent another letter to her two pages ... something seems wrong, a Memphis Police seal is copied.Saying i was excluded from the premises in which I have to pay my rent.I always paid in cash and there she got a paper copy by signing it recepit . Also the same letter has been written about him, which was delivered by hand (NO), put in my email inbox, and also under the hand that says give a copy was sent out via U.S. CERTIFIED MAILwith a tracking # ... but it seemed that the online tracking # exist.Please not help with some answers, it's hard to pick just get up and move again and pay another months rent and deposit.Plus 2400.00 50.00 cost just to turn on the lights and I just had my cable and custom installation. I'm not rich, but I pay my bills and this is not fair to me or my children! Please try to guide me through this.
If your home was going in foreclosure and you filed BK and the BK was discharged and your still living in the home are you responsible for the tax's and homeowner's insurance0 New Delhi2012-02-11 18:04:59
If your house is in foreclosure and you filed BK and BK was discharged and you still living at home who are responsible for fiscal insurance and homeowner

Ask New Question  

  • You are not logged in,answer will be Anonymous.Set Nickname | Sign In | Sign Up
  • tags separate by ','
  • Shortcuts:Ctrl+Enter

Latest Questions