Out of State Workers Comp?

Answers:1   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-08-06 19:14:02  

Asked at 2012-05-20 15:26:30
I was working in CO and had a back injury at work. He was fired a week later and now I am back in my home state of New York. I told my dr who was injured outside the state and say they do not have state workers comp cases . Do I have to go back to CO and to see a dr ?
Answer1SkyeAnswered at 2012-08-06 19:14:02
Did you file a report by workers' compensation with your employer ? If so, you need to contact the employer and the workers' compensation adjuster . If not , report the injury. You can contact the employer or the state board of insurance to obtain documents to present the first report of injury. You will be presented at the CO If you did not report the injury to your employer of record , you problem will have to hire a lawyer as you will have difficulty proving injury.by law , has one year from the date of injury to file a claim. Good luck !
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:Out of State Workers Comp?