If we make a claim on our homeowners insurance for water damage from a crack in the foundation...?

Answers:3   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-08-11 14:55:02  

Asked at 2012-04-26 20:41:58
that the insurance company call the city (such as construction and safety) and inform us?
Answer1Vows, [Me` Yan -Answered at 2012-04-27 19:27:22
If your foundation needs repair , is likely to require a building permit and inspection of the city.
Answer2PhilippinesAnswered at 2012-04-29 23:00:24
Puzzled by reason of this question? are you planning to sue for damages and then not having the repair done? For somethings as water replacing damaged carpets can collect and not replace the carpet until a more convenient time . The insurance people will keep a report with pictures so that you can not later claim damages for the same rug again . If you are having to repair the foundation cracked then you must make repairs promptly as this could lead to further injury and if not repaired then the insurance company may deny future claims for damages from others in the same cause. It is unlikely that the insurance company will actually report without an additional cause . But if they have reason to believe that you are trying to defraud the company to take the money and do the repairs that are necessary for health and safety then you can find your car without insurance and pay a very high premium for insurance again.
Answer3TrickyEconAnswered at 2012-08-11 14:55:02
As an insurance adjuster who found that 95 % of homeowners do not read their policies.

Read your policy to see if you are covered for earth movement or settlement house. These items are generally excluded. Do not bother to make a claim on it if they are excluded from coverage. These are the two most likely reasons for the crack.

Policies can be confusing, but the sections are labeled and a particular label is " exclusions." Even "items that are not covered " may be a section labeled . Do your best to read the document or at least the relevant parts . If all else fails , ask the person who sold you the policy. If he can not help, call your insurance company and ask if the two items above are covered in your policy. Note : Allstate and other well-established companies record the contents of your call.
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:If we make a claim on our homeowners insurance for water damage from a crack in the foundation...?