Can you file an car accident insurance claim without a police report?

Answers:5   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-06-21 10:56:09  

Xx bread!- the wrong car
Asked at 2012-03-02 10:13:28
this is re: a very minor accident . our car " bounced " in the other car crashed after their breaks. There is no harm at all to our car. The plate and screws are " folded" in the other car . Another person does not cooperate , then we gave our insurance information to them , refused to give information to us. Police at the scene did not report , he told us to deal with him as our own. My concern is, can file a claim? Would not it be just our word against his ? advice would be helpful , thanks.
Answer1CharlieAnswered at 2012-03-30 12:31:25
Atleast I hope you got that number tag ? .. File a claim with inc. company. You can def . make a police report .

When a lady hit me in my father's funeral procession , the police have not filed a report, but called my Company Inc a complaint, one ended up with your demand.
Answer2ArieAnswered at 2012-04-05 00:00:42
My wife was driving through a parking lot last Friday when a young man pulled out of a parking space and t -boned his car . The police were not called , the other driver's insurance is paying for our repairs .
Answer3LioneAnswered at 2012-04-27 20:50:07
yes, the fine for filing a claim.

Obviously you will be the culprit here .. you know that right? Sure .. is your word against his .. but both words must be the same lol. It is evident that the rearended .. no matter if stepped on the brakes .. You have a duty to maintain the proper distance .

Just call your insurance .. and will cover minor damage to the other vehicle.
Answer4kandyAnswered at 2012-05-13 19:53:36
The best thing you could do is contact your insurance company and ask them. They will not make a claim without your permission. The other driver had no insurance . That's what it sounds like to me. However, you should inform your insurance ahead of time if the other driver tries to log back in you.
Answer5CLAAnswered at 2012-06-21 10:56:09
Since there is no police report will be your word against his . Because the damage that the only solution seems to be the plate and screws offered to pay for it out of pocket. I also would contact a lawyer and explain what happened. You may be able to get the attorney to draft documents that the other person may sign saying that accepts payment from the plate and screws , and considers the matter resolved . In this way , I could not go back 6 months later and a claim for damages that may have resulted from his accident.

good luck
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:Can you file an car accident insurance claim without a police report?