If a police report isnt filed in a car accident, but insurrance info was exchanged, can a claim still be made?

Answers:9   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-05-28 09:18:17  

Killa Priest
Asked at 2012-03-02 01:53:05
In short, that " bounced " in the car in front of me is going to idle. The other driver was frightened , and seemed to be drunk. Continued to refuse a police report because he was " embarrassed " . As it was my fault, let it slide by . (Note actually had paint damage only minor) . He has since filed a claim with my insurrance company more than originally happen . I have forced him to stay, but he cheated me out of it , as it was really my fault. Looking back, this man was clearly trying to avoid the police .
Answer1MoseAnswered at 2012-03-05 17:58:54
talk to your agent to explain what happened , I look at your car, and see if they need to investigate for fraud learn the hard way , like many of us did
Answer2CastorAnswered at 2012-03-08 18:11:35
Yes you can. That happened to me once . I was working on a second shift and was home a couple of drunks hit the bumper of my car on the unit circle. They left and I followed. Both were very, very drunk.

I wrote down the name and number, insurance company, but not the number of insurance policy. I did not want to call the police because they were very drunk.

Later he denied even being there, but your insurance company thought I was above them after looking at his butt and see the paint color and the truck was paid for my car fixed.

File a claim with your insurance company. It's your word against his . It may be that both cars are fixed or that the adjustment will be in it and decide in your favor.

Long story short , to protect , record the number of insurance policies of others, the tag number and generally call the police for a record of it . However, use discretion in this regard. Once a man ran up to me and gave me the ticket, because I was a college kid and the other a little life , redneck POOR with a rate of up to more than car. The police thought he had more money.
Answer3MageAnswered at 2012-03-09 00:46:34
Your insurance company must deal with the situation. If a report, you need some estimates or something to back it up . Your insurance probably will take care of it. Sometimes , even when there seems to be only minor damage , there is actually a deeper damage is not evident .

I hope everything works out best.
Answer4YolandaAnswered at 2012-04-10 00:08:24
The bad news :
Yes, you can file a claim without a police report . The accident would have considered his fault regardless of the other driver's intoxication .
The good news :
Your insurance rate is not determined by the dollar amount of an accident. A person with an accident of $ 5 will be charged the same as a person with an accident of $ 50,000. So do not worry about the amount the other driver is asking , that's between him and his insurance company will not affect you either way.
Answer5OtiAnswered at 2012-04-13 09:04:26
Yes seems to be going to court soon unless your insurance company decides to pay .
Answer6Omeristhebest!!! Answered at 2012-04-13 23:58:23
Yes , a claim can still be done . My daughter was in his car by running off the road on a fence. Police said they could write a report, but will be reported to the DMV and it would be on a drive ( which in turn will be bad for insurance rates ). They said to present only the insurance claim and be done with it , without an official police report of the accident.

On the one hand , as " hit " against him, it is your responsibility to be happy that no police report was filed , that is for them.

Just tell your insurance provider about the actual damage and that they handle . Be insistent that they listen to you and only repair what damage you know is real. Insurance companies do not like to put more money than they have to, so it is of interest to hear from you!

It's a good idea to have a cheap camera in the car so you can take pictures, at least if you get into an accident again ( hopefully not !) . People must surely be on your side in this and only pay for any damage you are claiming. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :)
Answer7VeRgA CaLiEnTe Answered at 2012-04-27 11:07:05
Your insurance company will pay what the estimated cost is for the body shop. It makes no difference if the police thought that the person concerned would probably have been arrested. And yes , the claim may be made even without an accident report . He admitted guilt when exchanging insurance information . Even paint damage can be costly, especially if the car has an expensive paint job like mine does . A ding in the door of my car was estimated at $ 400 to repair. More times than not, the entire defense has to be painted to ensure bumper matches the paint. This is what becomes expensive. The owner of this car that ran into is entitled to take back all that means you have the right to his car to make them look their best for the repair before the accident occurred.
Answer8AdolpAnswered at 2012-05-09 21:07:18
You know this does not help at all at this point in time, but even when it is your fault, you should have summoned the police report the accident scene. The reason is obvious. Not present or make a scene report on, the other is the presentation much more damage than it does at the moment . Contact your insurance company and see what options are available. This can and does vary by location ( state). Hope this helps.
Answer9mufasa Answered at 2012-05-28 09:18:17
Welcome to the small claims court .
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:If a police report isnt filed in a car accident, but insurrance info was exchanged, can a claim still be made?