Assisted living or group home for non-elderly, but depressed, family member? related questions

Asked by
Assisted living or group home for non-elderly, but depressed, family member?1kayjay2012-09-09 22:47:02
The mental health of my sister has declined steadily in recent years. She has always struggled with this since the early years of adolescence. She was on antidepressants and do better for a little while, but last year began to not go to work, abusing sick leave, and understandably lost his job. Leading up to that point, she was obsessed with doctors and went to a specialist after specialist convinced he had an undiagnosed illness, but literally hundreds of trials and thousands of dollars later, she is convinced that no really wants to help her and that no one believes that your symptoms or running the right tests, etc. After losing her job, she also lost no health insurance. She stopped paying the rent, and understandably lost their home. She is imprisoned, not eating, bathing, and wants to stay in bed all day, and the experiences of the times of delusions or hallucinations. To talk to her, she did not seem depressed or sick even if only in a casual conversation. But every time I mention his acting to nothing at all, not even to take a shower or call your doctor or wash their own dishes, she starts saying she feels bad and not a good day for her, etc. She was taken in by a cousin, helped financially, were very supportive of her, and took her to appointments, helped get her in the system of social services for food stamps and counseling, but after nine months of any initiative her cousin has given us a time frame for which she must take the initiative to try to get them to really help or leave. They have been wonderful to her, but understandably are at their wit's end. She wants to stay in his room and stayed there alone, she goes out alone at night to eat a bit, otherwise it tries to avoid the stench of your bathroom it is not horrible, so many friends try to call and visit her and avoid them. My mom and I do not know what to do. I am a single mother working for my 9 year old and son and I live in a very small house subidized rent, which would require a long and complicated process of re-use for my sister to stay with us, that without income she and her mental health history, which could easily reject the new application and we could lose our house if we let him stay with us, not to mention that it would have her own bedroom. Our mom is retired, also with limited income and a tiny shoebox apartment 1 bedroom, although it has been very generous to financially helping my sister when she can. We do not know what to do. And without insurance, my sister options are limited. And social service options are limited, only admits to a hospital if she is "immediate" danger to herself or others, they do not consider it. We do not know what to do. We love her and do not know how to help her. We want to live close to us so we can be close support and assistance, but simply can not afford for her to live with one of us. Are there group homes for people with such problems? Any other suggestions?
Is a family member's insurance required to pay for an accident when living at their home?0Amanda2012-05-28 02:54:56
Long story short, when you live with a family member , my car was broken into ( my car was parked in the same designated space) by a family member . It was slippery and one day his truck slid into my car. Now the company is quoting something " resident relative " saying they will not pay because I was a resident relative . I've been doing some research and read some of the case files about this. From what I understand ( and may be wrong on this) , according to their policy, to not pay for accidents involving residents , 1. the car driven is not owned by a resident or family 2. the accident is caused by the car of their relatives (in other words , if I was driving and destroyed with my own car , not covered by insurance) that would not cover the accident. That said , have not yet found the way you can deny a claim known to be the fault of the policyholder and my vehicle was parked with nobody in it. Maybe I'm not finding the right policy / regulation or not I understand. Basically, the bottom line is this : 1 . My car was parked , dedicated to the e-brake and space is 2 . The roads were slippery and my family member slipped into my car ( little damage, but enough to want to repair ) 3 . Does the insurance have to pay ? If not, then why? (and please , in English, gibberish is not legal).
In Texas, options for elderly needing assisted healthcare, but has no good insurance or close family to help?1Phillip2012-10-18 10:45:03
This 86 year old woman I know is in a bad situation . Almost two weeks ago he had suffered a hip fracture . She lay on the floor of his home for almost two days before his 75 years. old step - brother found . On June 26, underwent surgery and was sent to a service center on June 27 for physical therapy . Your mind is sharp , but his body is still fragile , can not hear and get vertigo dizziness existing condition . Two days ago they said it would be released on July 8 . He has been widowed for over 15 years. , Never had children, and his brother did not help when actually acts like a teenager trapped in the body of an old man. The flow rate is not clear , but it has to do with insurance , Secure Horizons . My colleagues and I have been unable to provide all the help we work and we have to take care of our own families . Now is the opportunity I have to ask for advice first . What kind of options are there for the elderly without family and without insurance?
If you have a problem with an assisted living home who do you contact?1LaNissa2012-07-24 10:43:02
I put a relative in Miller Beach Terrace at 4905 Melton Road in Gary, Indiana 46403 and we had several complaints. When we went to the head person in charge we were treated very rudely. Actually our relative lost money and then someone threw all of his clothes out of his truck. However when we complained we were told that he would have to leave by the first. Then we were told quite rudely that he would have to move his truck. Yet other people are allowed to have vehicles. He does have a driver's license and we offered to buy insurance for him. But the answer was no. We are a caring family and we felt as if he and us were being treated rudely because we complained. What agencies can we turn to for help? Has anyone had this problem? Help!
If an owner/occupant moves out, but leaves a family member living in the house, is it still covered?2Paul2012-07-26 19:38:03
For homeowners insurance policy of a typical house ? Or is that politics has to be transferred to the occupants to restore coverage?
A family member has a home in Shaw which may have to be demolished due to the Gas Blast,?1MAI2012-09-07 05:29:02
He is not sure if all the ideas that are entitled to something?
best assisted living in rhode island02022-01-18 03:32:29
best assisted living in rhode island Briarcliffe Gardens Memory Care Assisted Living and the Cottage at Briarcliffe Gardens are privately owned, State-of-the-Art Memory Care Assisted Living Residences™ just 10 minutes west of Providence, RI. We serve families from New England and beyond. Briarcliffe Gardens was designed to create an enriching, respectful, culturally sensitive and safe assisted living environment that will nurture and support the growing needs of residents with dementia, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia and more. Briarcliffe Gardens looks and feels like a home, both outside and inside.Physical movement, good nutrition and socialization enhance one's sense of well-being. We incorporate this therapeutic approach in our Program for Daily Living™"  
assisted living in thode island02022-05-13 23:09:56
assisted living in thode island Briarcliffe Manor Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation is located on the Briarcliffe Health Care Campus on 28 acres of beautiful, wooded land in Johnston, RI and just moments from Providence. The campus features a five star, award winning skilled nursing and rehabilitation center and two memory care assisted living residences. Briarcliffe has an exclusive, in-house therapy department. This allows us to have a well integrated nursing and therapy staff with a common philosophy.The Briarcliffe Concierge Care Management Services allow for a streamlined admission and discharge process with one, single point of contact throughout your rehabilitation journey. Our nursing staff is experienced, stable, professional and caring." 
I have some questions around what happens to someone's house after they die or move to assisted living. Thanks?0Jugrnot2012-07-13 00:51:02
If someone dies or has to move to assisted living as an older person , what happens to the house? What is the process? Of course, I realize this may depend on if grown children are involved, and what confidence could say. I also wonder if those of you who answer this question can also address the difference between a will and a trust. What happens when there is no trust in place? Also, what is the job of an executor ? What is the difference between a power and an executor ? Finally , it is true if there is a sale of a parent who has died that the adult child is not allowed to attend? Also, if the person has moved to assisted living , is money from the sale of the house, or can come from life insurance ? What if they have no funds? I am not in this position, but I've seen friends who are in this position, and this has made me wonder about these issues. Thanks in advance for your help with my questions.
What kind of insurance do I need to start an assisted living?1goat 2012-05-08 22:00:15
I've been in the health field for 16 years and have had many different kinds of experience with different types of dementia and people with experience ranging from home care, nursing homes, assisted living and private care hired ... as I have built a reputation for myself I find it more difficult to find time for the demand for my services. I started writing a business plan for starting a nursing home of mine. However I am not sure of the compulsory liability insurance , and what is the average cost for this, and what information they should have before I call an agent to inquire about an appointment. I incorporate all these costs in my business plan so I can be as accurate as possible. I live in Michigan. Any advice would help with issues related to assisted living home , but insurance is the category that I'm working on now? ? ?
Does Medicare pr medicaid help pay for assisted living facilities in north Carolina?0Ashley2012-04-30 13:57:28
Who can get Medicaid pr help pay for assisted living facilities in North Carolina ?
CAN AN ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY WHO IS OWED OVER 10,000.00, GET THEIR HANDS ON A LIFE INSURANCE PAYOUT?0Those memories, Land of the Dead Road2012-07-29 12:32:58
One mother died w / a life ins . policy of almost $ 20,000.00. His funeral expenses were right more than $ 10,000.00 , leaving the rest of the life ins . money for your child. If I owed money for assisted living facility , is there any way at all for this business to make a lien against the property of the mother or legally as a delay in payment of the beneficiary for the rest of the money in an attempt to collect your money? The child who is the sole beneficiary had nothing to do with the mother is placed in the LFA, another son did that for a child who is the beneficiary never signed any document for the ALF or something . I've heard of businesses that are owed money to tie people's estates for years and I wonder if this could be the case here ? Is there a legal form of the Anna Lindh Foundation for delaying the payment of any way to try to get money for themselves? If anyone has any legal information regarding this , please reply .

Ask New Question  

  • You are not logged in,answer will be Anonymous.Set Nickname | Sign In | Sign Up
  • tags separate by ','
  • Shortcuts:Ctrl+Enter

Latest Questions