What can I do if there is an error on my medical bill?

Answers:1   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-06-08 12:16:03  

Asked at 2012-06-06 09:54:51
I can get a free one-year physics as part of my insurance so I used mine last November. At the end of my appointment I asked if I had other concerns and I told my doctor made ​​when he had been losing so much hair. I mentioned that my hairdresser that my potassium levels may be low or might have a problem with my thyroid. I thought it was probably just stress. She mentioned that it could be alopecia, and I said no you know it's not because I was losing hair all over , not in patches. Alopecia also does not run in my family. So I said yes we can prove that your thyroid gland , and she said it was due for a cholesterol test and a couple of blood tests that I had not had in years. Well, yesterday I received a bill in the mail for $ 900, because I was told my cholesterol test and thyroid function tests were all for alopecia and is not covered by my insurance. High cholesterol and low potassium levels are not even a cause of alopecia, I emailed my doctor about this and have received no answer, is there anything else I can do?
Answer1ElvaAnswered at 2012-06-08 12:16:03
These should be standard elements as part of any physical damage, but if your insurance does not cover them for any reason, you are not covered.
- My guess is that it has nothing to do with hair loss that you mentioned.
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:What can I do if there is an error on my medical bill?