I'm leaving the country for a year. What can I do about my car insurance? or what do you recommend?

Answers:5   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-06-04 14:24:11  

Asked at 2012-03-29 13:29:28
One idea was to get the lowest coverage as possible and continue with the insurance. The problem however is that it can be only three months back as the year here , but I really want to keep my car. Is there an insurance company out there that makes short-term policy of insurance? or I can leave the car here without insurance, but it's a bad idea? Please let me know your thoughts and advice. thanks !
Answer1DuncaAnswered at 2012-04-03 21:03:06
Well, the car is parked where you are on public property , must be licensed and insured . If you put in your garage and lock the door, does not have to be, but if the garage burned down or a tree fell on him and wrecked the car , would not be covered. Type a judgment call , I guess.
Answer2JaniceAnswered at 2012-04-15 05:31:24
Leave the car unlocked in a safe place and buy insurance again when I return .
Answer3Billy Joe Answered at 2012-04-26 03:26:21
If the company's insurance status and allows, suspend all coverage except comprehensive (fire , theft , vandalism ). I know that New Jersey does not allow it. It can be done in New England (not sure if MA). Make sure the vehicle is parked off the street ( in a garage would be better) and make sure nobody has access to driving. Coverage will be cheap and you do not have to cancel your policy. When you return, call your agent before driving the vehicle back to re-add all other coverage .
Answer4MaximiliaAnswered at 2012-05-21 21:23:32
Make sure you talk to your insurance agent. You must have full coverage while you're gone to protect your investment of breaking glass against fire and theft of rodents chew insulated cables. Make sure you leave the building is insured.
Answer5Dats丹其这是救世主的男士;世界领袖英雄豪æAnswered at 2012-06-04 14:24:11
I think the best in this situation is to call your insurance and see if you have financial coverage for damages only integral ( such as theft or flood) . I had a friend once went to Italy for a semester and let your sure to fall , while he was gone. When he returned , he was considered "high risk" because he had not had insurance in the U.S. for a few months, and tore a big way in their premiums when seeking new insurance . Your insurance company should be able to help , and I know that many companies offer as being outside the country and for people in the armed forces , etc.
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:I'm leaving the country for a year. What can I do about my car insurance? or what do you recommend?