Got into car accident. exchanged info. but the person wont pay. anything i can do?

Answers:12   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-06-10 18:46:52  

Asked at 2012-03-28 00:07:38
He got in a car accident . exchange information . but the person does not pay. anything I can do ?
Answer1DoraAnswered at 2012-04-05 23:22:59
Answer2*~jasper~* Answered at 2012-04-11 11:49:35
hectares. you get a lawyer that is
has two ways to proceed:
1 . go through their own insurance - they will go after the individual to recover his money and deductibles

2 . go through the insurance directly if you have the information
Answer3JeremiahAnswered at 2012-04-16 20:04:45
Sounds like a good case for small claims court .
Answer4OdeliaAnswered at 2012-04-18 07:16:03
Call your insurance company. Get a lawyer and take pictures of the damage and if you are injured in any case be sure to consult a doctor.
Answer5, Prince Answered at 2012-04-26 17:16:33
Contact your insurance agency or to take them to small claims court ( if less than about $ 5K ).
Answer6i.miss.youAnswered at 2012-05-01 04:41:36
call your insurance company and theirs . That's what they are.
Answer7leopardAnswered at 2012-05-01 09:54:27
Your insurance agent is due to handling.
Answer8N-VAR Answered at 2012-05-13 13:17:43
File a claim with your insurance company if you have collision coverage and give them all the information you have about it. To see if they will handle the demand and go after him. If you do not have collision coverage you may need to take him to small claims court .
Answer9hippopotamusAnswered at 2012-05-19 07:23:52
File a claim with your insurance company. I've been through this many times and while I want to be a good guy and
helpful, there is little reason that the other driver to pay out of pocket and not go through insurance . You just assume too much risk.

- What if the other driver does not agree with the repair estimate ?

- What is the actual cost of repair is more than the repair estimate (remember , the event that the mechanic is only an estimate.)

- Is the other driver pays in advance or after the repair is done ? They are reluctant to pay in advance. You may not want to pay in advance and the estimate may differ from the actual price. If you do not pay until after the repair is done , you're screwed if removed.

- Taking someone to court is expensive , time consuming and a pain . ***
Answer10NUM Answered at 2012-05-23 07:35:17
Contact your insurance agent and they will file a claim with your company to go after the person or their insurance.
Answer11PlatoAnswered at 2012-05-31 14:30:08
I suggest you call a lawyer. It should be a simple matter of a demand letter or settlement sent to the insurance company of the person, and you should get your money. Do not wait too long, and not hire anyone that claims more than a couple hundred dollars for such an easy task . Good luck !
Answer12XantheAnswered at 2012-06-10 18:46:52
Do not pay the insurance or the person? Did not have insurance? Where the blame? A little more information might help in this. If your insurance does not pay, then you need to get a lawyer. your insurance company and its management should be this. Otherwise have to sue to recover damages. If the fault , why have to pay ?
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:Got into car accident. exchanged info. but the person wont pay. anything i can do?