UK residents only: Can you take/report Car Insurance Agencies to Trading Standards?

Answers:7   |   LastUpdateAt:2018-03-19 23:16:21  

Asked at 2012-03-26 01:52:26
It seems as if my agency Insurance ( Direct Line Insurance ) can not seem to understand a report of claim / I have given them ( six times). I have told them what happened to my car and still get their history wrong, even after that sometimes the people I've talked to say " oh , now I see what you're saying ," I get phone calls and letters asking for some another version of that I said (which I did )

¿ I can report it to trading standards ?
Answer1CraiAnswered at 2012-04-03 17:55:12
Yes, if you want, but is also an insurance regulator as well, but why not write a letter to the director of financial services that say they will keep their claim through his lawyers a step in their positions as part of your claim if they can not rectify your complaint within 7 days from the date we receive your letter then send a certified mail receipt you get a one make a point to let them know they have had to resort to this method because the total lack of customer service costs of the postcards is also added to the complaint as well as any future mailings. I can guarantee that they will soon fix things because they do not want the cost for them to climb. Now go get them .
Answer2Kindergarten ↘ Answered at 2012-04-27 19:45:53
You may be able to file a complaint with the Ombudsman - or one of the trade associations . See the attached list.
Answer3wassup? Answered at 2012-05-04 16:35:28
Yes, we will investigate your claim.
Answer4GileAnswered at 2012-05-06 19:04:18
The Financial Ombudsman Service is the organization that you need. See the website below.
Answer5MyolieAnswered at 2012-06-22 05:59:01
Maybe you could google first nonetheles if perfer some direct resource , here could be your choice.
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:UK residents only: Can you take/report Car Insurance Agencies to Trading Standards?