What happens if you can't pay a court fine?

Answers:11   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-04-26 09:21:43  

Asked at 2012-02-16 23:49:02
Here's the deal . I usually do not drive because I do not have enough money for a while to get car insurance and do not want to drive without it. An inspector was coming to my house with my landlord and I did not want the dog to attack, possibly , (2 strange men in my house , I was afraid to be protective ) , so I packed , which I enjoy doing. Want to run home and unpack it during the day, I took the car , thinking it is only 2 miles away, what could happen ? Well, on my way to let her out , he was arrested for "running a stop sign " ( I disagree , but that's another story) and, of course , still had no insurance. Now I have a court date , etc. . and I know the result of my state is a $ 1500.00 fine and suspension for 6 months ... my question is ... I have not got my name 1,500.00 to pay for this ... What do payment plans or anything else? I can not find anything online about it ... I live in Delaware. I want to do well and understand what I did was wrong and I'm scared.
Answer1cobraAnswered at 2012-02-17 01:30:05
You should be able to make arrangements with the courts .. I do not think wopuld put in jail .. I hope you know theres worst criminals out there!
Answer2Sexxy_Aussie_Guy Answered at 2012-02-18 20:14:22
You can make payments on it or cant do x hours of community service to help reduce the fine .. all you have to do is ask
Answer3NorvilleAnswered at 2012-02-23 23:33:34
You can make payments .............
Answer4RonaldAnswered at 2012-03-01 20:49:14
Whether to pay the fine or spent time in jail or community service.
Answer5BaslilonAnswered at 2012-03-14 03:37:30
in California, that make you go to Cal Trans (cleaning of the highway) or community service
Answer6penguinAnswered at 2012-03-27 04:28:09
Answer7BellaAnswered at 2012-04-03 01:46:33
I live in Kansas. But I think if in contact with the judge or the office that receive money from fines , to tell the truth you might could come up with some plan to pay. Be very apologetic and polite.
Answer8BootAnswered at 2012-04-10 19:25:06
Ignore Jazz, who obviously did not bother to read more than two words of a question before giving a stupid answer . The fine is for running a stop sign , the fine is for driving without insurance and quite possibly with a suspended license because most states suspend a license if the insurance is not paid.

In any case, to appear in court , tell the judge what you have told us and ask if you can make payments. I'm sure you will be able to , and perhaps the penalty is reduced somewhat as a result of his honesty. Good luck with it .
Answer9KoKaNeE BaBy Answered at 2012-04-19 17:58:36

Challenge the ticket.
A good 1500 for running a stop sign which is absurd. I am originally from New York and have never received a fine of 1500. I live in North Carolina and are very strict here and not even that bad.

If you are concerned about the insurance, get some before the court date and the judge may dismiss that part of it. The stop sign will give you points on your license and increased insurance.

Get insurance quickly. I know that insurance is expensive in Delaware, and what I will say I could be wrong - but finding a close relative of a city that has cheaper insurance if money is the problem.

However, getting some kind of insurance that way I'm headed to New York and I want you to hit my new Passat with no insurance , lol.

NY -Girl -in -NC
Answer10memFISTO Answered at 2012-04-19 23:39:21
Yes, you can make payment plans and can not even give the maximum fine , which is probably what you refer to $ 1500, most likely it will be much cheaper, you will end up having to get a SR22 to insurance and must maintain that foir a year. If you can not afford insurance , then chances are you will not be able to get insurance without the SR22 , make an appointment to speak with the prosecutor about your case and ask more questions there. Good luck .
Answer11׷PsYcHo-PuNk�� Answered at 2012-04-26 09:21:43
They want your money. Most courts will handle a payment plan in these cases.

WARNING : Once the payment schedule will not miss a payment. Be issued a warrant for his arrest.
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:What happens if you can't pay a court fine?