Old lady fell into my parked car, caused dent - collision or comprehensive?

Answers:7   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-03-25 08:46:27  

Asked at 2012-02-06 03:18:28
I was at the doctor's office, an elderly woman tripped over the curb and fell on my car. There is a hole in the front right quarter panel . The insurance company is claiming the collision , which is a $ 500 deductible . I think it is comprehensive, as it was parked (deductible of $ 100). What do you think and I can fight it ?
Answer1parrotAnswered at 2012-02-08 01:37:08
You're right , it is wide . If a vehicle hit your car would come into collision.
Answer2Dark Cloud Answered at 2012-02-12 04:23:42
This comes in the collision more likely. she must have been a big woman to make a dent in your car! that would be responsible for repairing ... Why take that claim ?
Answer3Zero-System Answered at 2012-02-15 23:22:11
The fact that the car was parked has nothing to do with it being a complete (draft) or collisions (Coll) claim.

This is a claim for compensation. Most policies have a couple of sections that define the definitions Comp and Coll. Look for something like this;

"Collision means your insured vehicle collision with another object or upset of your insured car. Losses caused by missiles, falling objects, fire, theft or larceny, explosion, earthquake, hurricane, hail, water, flood, malicious damage or vandalism, riot or civil commotion, collision with a bird or an animal or glass breakage is not considered loss caused by the collision. "

I do not think a human being qualifies as an object, but do not qualify
as a
I have handled many claims of this kind in recent years and claims were paid as a draft. Of course, maybe I've been paying these so for two decades, but no one has said anything about it.

If you run over a pedestrian and damage your car, your car damages are covered under the umbrella of a draft. Their situation is no different.

Can we fight it? Yes, and I think it should. Ask the governor to send / e-mail that part of the policy statement indicates a collision. I doubt I can do. If the regulator does not help, then call the switchboard and ask to speak to the manager of the adjuster. Remain calm and professional. Shouting does not help, trust me on that.

If the Manager does not change this to a loss of a draft then ask for their reasoning in writing. Once you contact your State Office of Insurance Commissioners for assistance.

This is a very interesting question with different answers, which could be attributed to differences in the geographic area, local jurisprudence, ISO language policy regarding language policy as, etc, etc. Once it is resolved please edit the post and let us know how it went and what state you are in.

good luck
Answer4 색깔을 나타내는 단어 Answered at 2012-03-01 21:39:51
Definitely a collision claim. The old woman did not fall from the sky ! That's not pure sense . Her only chance of a claim for compensation would be saying that the old lady did it on purpose and it would be vandalism.

It seems that their main motivation is the deductible difference is always the case. You chose the deductible and should reconsider your thought process when your policy is up for renewal .

You do not have the possibility of a vandalism complaint in my opinion.

Plus, you do not have a front quarter panel . It is called a fender. The quarter panels are at the rear.

Finally , if the damage is more than your deductible , which sounds dubious , but depends on the size and location of the dent in the fender , let your insurance to fix it. Your company insuarnce then seek reimbursement from the old woman.
Answer5bisonAnswered at 2012-03-02 20:30:57
"Collision" means the upset of "your covered auto " or a " non- self - owned" or impact with another vehicle or object.
Comp =
1 . Missiles or falling objects,
2 . Fire
3 . Robbery or theft ;
4 . Explosion or earthquake ;
5 . Windstorm ;
6 . Hail , water or flood ;
7 . Malicious damage or vandalism;
8 . Riot or civil commotion ;
9 . Contact with birds or animals, or
10 . Glass breakage.

In fact, this "could " be covered by the collision , however , since you hit (obviously because they were parked ) which is the responsible party.
This definitely is a bit of a gray area , and now I know the details , you have a leg - in a discussion with a representative of the claim. You can also use their ability to communicate with the insurance commissioner in your state.
Answer6. hurt Answered at 2012-03-12 22:26:14
That is comprehensive , covering , theft , vandalism, fire , etc. I would definitely get on the phone with his agent and hash this out .
Answer7NordicaAnswered at 2012-03-25 08:46:27
If the lady tripped over the curb, go after the city for failure to maintain a safe sidewalk .

I have an image hard to really hurt an old woman fall in your car without being hurt enough to end up in the hospital.
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:Old lady fell into my parked car, caused dent - collision or comprehensive?