Movers' refusal to deal with damages--what to do?

Answers:1   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-11-05 20:59:03  

Asked at 2012-10-19 09:15:04
I hired a licensed mover (licensed by California Public Utilities Commission) which claims to have general insurance that covers structural damages done to properties (not just on personal belongings). I found out about them in Craigslist. They never showed me any paperwork that discusses their liabilities.

After the move, I discovered some small but conspicuous damages done to the floor and doors. I called the moving company's owner about this but he just pretended that he did not understand enough English. I then tried to follow-up with more calls but he just does not pick up my calls anymore. What should I do?
Answer1anthonyAnswered at 2012-11-05 20:57:27
First, take pictures of the damage. Then, go with the Better Business Bureau in your state. You can file a complaint online or by mail. There's also the Insurance Commission if your state has one. Also, send this business a certified letter- that has to be signed for-explaining the situation, requesting for a timely resolution and put a cc BBB and Insurance Commission at the bottom of the letter. Be sure to keep a copy. There's also small claims court.
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:Movers' refusal to deal with damages--what to do?